1998: The White River Craft Center (WRCC) is founded with initial studios located in the old White River Valley Herald warehouse on Weston Street. Stained glass, ceramics, woodworking and drawing classes offered. Relationship with Randolph Area Vocational Center to tutor 10 students and to have them learn building trades. Also, start of collaboration with Vermont Dept. of Labor to hire at risk youth for 8 week summer program.
2001: Tranquility Nursing home purchased by WRCC with intention of being the central location for the White River Craft Center. The building is named Kimball House referencing the original owner, Robert J. Kimball.
2002: Renovations of the Kimball House begin with partnership with Randolph Area Vocational Center and volunteers.
2003: WRCC receives Community Block Award of $250,000 from State of Vermont to help with the renovation of the Kimball House.
2003: Vermont Weaver’s Guild makes the WRCC their home for meetings, workshops and their library.
2009: Darkroom for photography is built with equipment from Arny Spahn, VTC and RTCC
2010: Friday Weavers establish weaving studio and develop weaving program
2012: Commercial kitchen completed and start of monthly prix fixe community dinners.
2012: Monthly Community Lunches begin collaboration from RTCC culinary arts program.
2015: SAAP Thai Restaurant moves into commercial kitchen and becomes a local favorite!
2020: Completed renovation of the 2nd and 3rd floor of Kimball House.
1796: Kimball family settles in Randolph. Family farms in Randolph Center
1836: Robert J Kimball is born, February 16, 1836
1887: Robert J Kimball builds the home we now refer to as Kimball House. He named the residence “Montague Place” for summer vacationing.
1898: Montague Golf Course opens
1903: Robert J Kimball dies unexpectedly, Kimball Library in Main street in Randolph, is dedicated to him
1925: Montague Golf Course Country Club takes over Kimball House and renames as “Kimball Inn”
1936: The Kimball House is purchased by R.L. Knight and re-envisioned as the “Green Mountain Inn”
1955: Gifford Hospital purchases the Kimball House and remodels it to accommodate over 50 residents. Renamed “Tranquility Nursing Home”